Saturday, January 3, 2009

What I learned in 08

2008 has come and gone and I think it's important to reflect on what you learned, how you grew and what you want to accomplish in 2009. First up, what I got out of 2008:
- Sometimes you meet someone that you think is a rotten egg. They will come out of no where and make your life a living hell. Maybe they are unhappy and want to make you equally unhappy. Maybe they just have a mean streak. But when you encounter these people hold your head up high and don't stoop to their level. No matter how much you want to hurt them like they hurt you it's not worth it. And in the end maybe they'll have regrets about how they acted or treated you. But if you are kind, businesslike and professional you won't have a single regret. And that's sweet victory.
- Sometimes the opposite happens and you have some really amazing people enter your life. Take my 2008 brides for instance. Andrea, Emily G, Alyson, Ashley, Katie, Emily H, Kristen, Katy, Shayla, Kelly Ann, Ann-Claire, Nicki, Miranda, Janelle, Whitney and Alexis- thank you. Y'all were great to work with!
- I found (or rather rekindled) my passion for teaching in 08. For as long as I can remember I have had the dream of being a teacher. I used to make my bedroom into a schoolroom, line my cats up as my students and pretend to teach them any and everything I knew. Somewhere in college my passion fizzled for teaching but after doing my student teaching it all came back. And I'm so excited to see where it takes me!
-My husband is incredible. Gosh, I don't brag on him enough. He's Godly, gentle, kind, compassionate, forgiving, passionate and the most loving man I know. I love you, sweet pea!
-Every year I become so much closer to my family. I am blessed by amazing parents, in-laws and my big brother. Mom, Dad, Russell, Genny, Mo, Dave, Tim, Erin and baby Aubrey. I love y'all!
- Graduating college is a very sweet feeling. But I'm a Red Raider for life.
- And lastly to quote the philosopher Jagger:
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need

Bring it on '09.

Shane's Family

Tim, Aubrey, Me, Shane, Erin

Us and my parents

So excited!

Me and my sister-in-law, Genny

Future Red Raider

Me and my big brother

3 comments:

ChristyPenn said...

Congrats on the double graduation! Wow! You are such an inspiration! Enjoy 2009!

Katelyn said...

Congratulations on graduation! I love your parents - such sweet, precious spirits!

Brittany {Coleman Chronicles} said...

Congrats on graduating... in an effort to make you blog more, I tagged you on my blog!