Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If you start something you should finish it...



Since I told you one of the tips I have for a healthy successful marriage last time I thought I'd finish my list today...

Tip 1- Communication
What a loaded word! Work on communicating with your partner and understanding of where they are coming from.
Tip 2- Date night
Set aside a night that is devoted to each other. (Ours is Tuesday nights) Give each other quality time not in front of the tv. Go out and play together.
Tip 3- Learn to live together
Let things roll off your back. It's really not that big of a deal that your spouse leaves a dirty dish out every now and then or forgets to put the toilet seat down. Roll with the punches because in 30 years none of that will matter anyway.
Tip 4- Weekend Getaways
Amen! As you saw in my last post I'm a big believer in this!


Since I've been married for 8 months these are all the big tips that I've filed away in my head. Maybe in another 8 months I'll have more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over the use of lubrication on your blog!!! ewwwwww

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with lauren... this may haunt you down the road... i hope not ...ha

Sarah Huffman said...

haha, fine fine! y'all win! i took out tip 5 so nobody else can see it! sad day for me though, because I still think it's hilarious!!

Sara Bradshaw said...

I'm very curious????

Caroline Joy said...

so am i!!