Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rusty's

So on Valentine's Day morning my husband woke me with breakfast in bed and news that he booked us a night at a bed and breakfast! I was so excited because I had never stayed in one before but had always wanted to. We went to Rusty's cottage in Post, Texas. (It's 45 or so minutes outside of Lubbock.) It was amazing. Our own private cottage with an oversized king sized bed, Jacuzzi (surrounded by mirrors!) and a hot tub! Could you ask for more for a romantic Valentines Day- nope!
I have only been married since May but I am already learning the importance of getting away with your spouse. It's so revitalizing in your relationship to get away from life for a night or two! A date is great, but getting out of town is amazing. Getting away together is one of my tips for a healthy marriage!
Here's the site for the Post B&B that we stayed at. http://www.hotelgarza.com/

This is the backyard with the hot tub and surrounding candles







First off- don't judge me. You don't look great with tangled hair, unbrushed teeth and no makeup. Ha! This was us on the morning we were leaving.


living room- I don't like how this pic turned out but I thought I would still put it up to show you the whole house.


kitchen


bedroom


bathroom


jacuzzi! ( ooo la la!)

1 comment:

Candace J Banks said...

wow! that looks simply amazing! how wonderfully romantic of your husband! what a lucky girl you are!!
candace
p.s...you don't know me...i'm an aspiring photographer in abilene, tx and have gotten your blog off from friends sites...btw, i love your work!